Crossfield Baptist ChurchPosition:
Crossfield Baptist church is seeking a full-time staff member who will have a primary responsibility as
Worship Director (0.6 FTE), and a secondary responsibility (0.4 FTE) in an area that they are gifted in. The three choices for a secondary responsibility are youth or small groups/integration or outreach. As a church we are seeking to hire the individual that best meets our needs in the area of worship. We have developed a job description for Worship Director, and we will complete a job description for the secondary responsibility in line with the right individual’s gifting and experience.Contact Information:Mailing address:
Crossfield Baptist Church, P.O. Box 231
Crossfield, AB TOM OSOPhone:
(403) 946-5595Contact person:
firstname.lastname@example.orgMinistry Description: Worship DirectorSummary:
The Worship Director will provide primary leadership to the direction, development, supervision, and
implementation of CBC’s worship ministry for the fulfillment of the church’s vision. You will be
responsible for inspiring and sustaining God honoring worship at our church that is authentic in spirit
and in truth. We want you to create a culturally relevant environment that better enables people of all
ages to worship God in a corporate setting and in their daily lives. This will include modeling, guiding,
teaching, and involving our people in worship ministry.Primary Responsibilities:
Work with the Senior Pastor to seek biblical and culturally relevant ways to teach, model, and elevate
whole life worship at CBC through an effective and creative combination of things like music, faith
stories, creative arts, and multi-media by:
- Overseeing the production side of the services including special services (Christmas Eve, Easter,etc.).
- Inspiring church attendees of all ages to celebrate Jesus and become active participants in corporate and individual worship of God.
- Aligning worship with the vision of CBC.
- Equipping, mentoring, and empowering worship teams and other leaders.
- Leading worship about three times per month, and empowering other leaders for the other week(s).
- Shepherding and overseeing all those who are involved in worship, technical and creative art ministries. This includes teaching, caring, equipping, empowering and mentoring.
- Taking reasonable steps to maintain healthy relationships with those in the church family.
- Co-operating with the Senior Pastor and/or Elders Board, in assessing the church’s worship and music ministry effectiveness through regular reviews and interviews with church leadership, staff, and lay participants.
- Developing worship ministry goals and philosophy.
- Must be a contagious worshiper who models what it means to celebrate Jesus.
- Committed to bible study and prayer as foundational to effective, spirit-led worship ministry
- Must lead a Christ-centred, biblically based lifestyle that is above reproach.
- Strive to have a healthy marriage and family life (if applicable).
- Must appreciate the value of individual and corporate worship in enhancing individual and church-wide spiritual growth.
- Possesses and demonstrates excellent communication skills and poise, including the ability to lead medium to large groups.
- Able to lead in a team-based environment and to collaborate with others to develop and pursue ministry vision
- Must demonstrate proficient musicianship and have good one-on-one interpersonal skills, especially the ability to build rapport with artists and musicians. Also, encourage an environment that maximizes their gifts and abilities to help them unleash the worship talent at CBC.
C. Worship Perspective
- This person will be a visionary that will provide leadership to worship ministry that seeks to be culturally relevant, authentic, and participatory for all ages.
- Must be in full agreement with the statement of faith of CBC.
Hours Per Week:
- Must have a broad knowledge of traditional and contemporary worship forms and practices so as to creatively incorporate both styles into the worship experience.
- 40 hours per week
- a minimum of 5 hours per week of volunteer time is expected as an example to the members.
Our Church FamilyVision:
- The Worship Director will be directly accountable to the Senior Pastor
- The Senior Pastor will seek to cultivate a healthy and helpful relationship with the Worship Director, giving helpful feedback at set times.
Our vision as a church is that by God’s grace we will become a growing, family relevant community, inspiring people to follow Jesus by serving them in his name and guiding them by his Word. More explanation is available on request.History:
Crossfield Baptist Church has been the only evangelical church in the community since initial meetings began in the summer of 1930. The first organizational meetings took place in 1931 and the original building was built in 1933. Additions were added in 1955 and 1966 but in ‘2009 the construction of our new facility, on fourteen acres, was completed.
Through our history certain things have consistently characterized us. A love for sound Bible teaching and preaching is part of our DNA. Our theology has been evangelical and conservative. We have always been a missionary sending and supporting church. And we have always maintained some kind of connection with the community through our ministries. In recent times, for example, we ran the kids Carnival for the local rodeo, a community focused and well attended VBS, a soccer camp, and a September - May MOPS program with as many as 60 mothers in attendance. (For information on our other ministries, please visit our website.)Affiliation:
CBC is affiliated with one of the largest evangelical denominations in Canada