Faith Baptist Church - Discovery Baptist Campus
Type of Employment
Faith Baptist Church is a is a Baptist church seeking a Full Time Campus Pastor to provide leadership and direction for the Discovery Campus Church;
1. Is a faithful follower of Jesus Christ.
2. Has a strong and vibrant walk with the Lord and a passion to encourage the same in others.
3. Has a clear sense of calling to The Pastorate. (Pastor’s Heart)
4. Holds to Biblical Distinctives Of Baptists:
• Biblical Authority
• Autonomy of the Local Church
• Priesthood of the believer
• Two Ordinances: Baptism and Communion
• Individual Soul Liberty
• Saved by Grace
• Two Offices: Elder and Deacon
• Saved and Baptized Membership
5. Possess the experience and background necessary to lead the church through this transitional time.
Job Requirements (necessary skills, abilities, etc.)
The Pastor shall be capable of:
1. Giving spiritual and inspirational leadership to the members of our Church through Biblical teaching and preaching, and meaningful personal worship so that people will be moved to apply their faith into their everyday lives.
2. Providing, through leadership and example, the pastoral responsibilities of the Church, such as nurture, visitation and conflict resolution.
3. Helping develop and support the vision/mission/values of Discovery Baptist Campus Church.
4. Prioritizing and multi-tasking while giving attention to details.
The Pastor must:
1. Have a heart for leading our people to a Christian commitment.
2. Meet the Biblical requirements of 1Timothy 3:1-7.
3. Provide administrative leadership and oversight to the ministry of the church.
4. Possess strong team building and leadership skills.
5. Exhibit the fruit of the Spirit in his character.
6. Possess a strong Biblical foundation.
7. Be in agreement with DBC Statement Of Faith and Governance.
The Pastor will be:
1. A person of prayer.
2. A servant leader.
3. A visionary leader.
4. Mature in the faith.
5. A team player.
6. Committed to Biblical values.
Other Important Considerations and Desirable Qualities are as follows:
1. Be a person with strong relational skills – approachable, “down to earth”.
2. Be a good communicator both orally and through written communications.
3. Have the ability to relate to and work with all ages.
1. Be able to communicate effectively with a broad range of academic abilities within the Church body.
2. Be able to organize and conduct Leadership training.
3. Be able to organize and conduct discipleship training.
Preference will be given to individuals possessing a Degree in Pastoral Ministries or a related field.
Preference will be given to those with experience in church development ministries or church planting experience.
Send resume attention Evan Ulmer and Eugene Speer, Search Committee to: