First Baptist Church
Type of Employment
Position: Associate Pastor
Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: January 1, 2021
First Baptist Church, Lloydminster (FBC) is currently accepting applications for the position of Associate Pastor. FBC is part of the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches of Canada, a national body of Evangelical Baptists with whom we share common essential beliefs. FBC is located in the only border city in Canada, straddling the border of Alberta and Saskatchewan.
About Lloydminster - Lloydminster is home to approximately 32,000 residents. It is a young and vibrant community offering the comfort of a rural lifestyle with the convenience of urban amenities. The community has a variety of facilities promoting local sports, culture, and leisure. The city offers residents public and Catholic schooling, post-secondary education, and training activities. Health services include local doctors, a fully equipped regional hospital, health centers, and seniors care. Shopping includes an ever-growing inventory of national retailers, local boutiques, and dining options.
About FBC - FBC is a dynamic community of people who care about Lloydminster and the families within it. Our mission is to lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. Our vision is to be a church that everyone wants to attend, and where all who attend grow in their faith. We accomplish our mission and vision through our strategy, to Think Big, Think Small, Think In, and Think Out. It is our hope that at FBC people will find a place to connect and belong, an environment in which they can grow and develop in their faith, and provide a variety of opportunities for them to reach outside themselves and serve. FBC is an active community with a variety of thriving ministries. FBC has six full time ministry positions and two full time support staff positions. Prior to COVID-19, FBC hosted two Sunday morning services with an average weekly attendance of 600-700 people. We are currently offering socially distanced services and live-streaming our services as well. Our small group ministry consists of numerous groups helping members and adherents to grow in their faith and maintain a sense of connection inside a large church community.
Job Requirements (necessary skills, abilities, etc.)
FBC is seeking an Associate Pastor to join our church ministry team, be accountable to the elders board through the lead pastor and report directly to the lead pastor or his designate. Preference will be given to candidates with a heart and passion to champion, develop, and maintain a dynamic small group ministry (SGM). Ideal candidates will have post secondary education from a recognized Canadian Bible college. The Associate Pastor will be responsible for the development and oversight of the SGM with a focus on recruitment, leadership development, and connecting new people to small groups. They will also provide ministry support that includes preaching, planning, branding, and conducting weddings, funerals, and special services as required.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Taking initiative and being adaptable
- Building a team and collaborating
- Relating to others and communicating
Required Personal Characteristics and Conduct:
- Trustworthy and respectful
- Approachable and accessible
- Flexible and collaborative
- Mature judgment
- Integrous in all areas of life and ministry
Duties and Responsibilities:
Without restricting the generality of the description above, the Associate Pastor shall perform such duties and responsibilities as may be assigned, by the lead pastor or his designate, including but not limited to the following:
1. Community and Connections (75% time)
- Champions the small group ministry
- Recruits, trains and oversees adult small group leaders
- Develops/implements strategies to integrate all members/adherents into small groups
- Maintains up-to-date data on small groups (e.g., leaders, group members, meeting times, etc.)
- Recruits, trains and oversees the welcome team
- Develops and casts vision for ministry areas aligned with the church’s mission and vision
- Schedules and oversees pre-service prayer for Sunday morning volunteers
- With awareness of the changing needs, challenges, and opportunities in our congregation and the community, assesses and revamps ministry area strategies as necessary to move the Church forward to accomplish its mission
- Resources small group leaders as required (e.g., provides curriculum, ministry opportunities, specific support/training, etc.)
- Oversees engagement with new attenders (e.g., follows up with newcomers, responds to connection cards, provides general intake for new volunteers, etc.)
2. Ministry Support (25% time)
- Preaches approximately 20% of weekly services
- Assists the lead pastor with sermon branding/planning and Sunday service planning
- Conducts weddings and funerals as required
- Leads baptism/membership, child dedication, and newcomer classes as required
Apply to this posting by October 23, 2020. Submit your cover letter and resume with a minimum of two personal references by email to email@example.com. Please indicate “Application – Associate Pastor” in the subject line of your submission. Thank you in advance for your interest. If we decide to move forward with your application, the recruiting team will reach out to you to discuss next steps.
3915 47 Avenue
Lloydminster, SK S9V2C7