Fisher Bay Bible Camp
Type of Employment
Summer Camp Director
Fisher Bay Bible Camp is located on the west shore of Fisher Bay(Lake Winnipeg), approximately two hours north of Winnipeg in the Interlake region of Manitoba.
Fisher Bay Bible Camp is looking to hire a Director for our summer camp. Fisher bay is a Christian organization that seeks to nurture the spiritual, social and emotional growth of children and youth through a variety of programs in a natural setting. The camp is known for its ministry to first nations children. Each year we welcome children 6-18 years of age.
The successful candidate will have strong organizational and problem-solving skills and be a strong team builder and leader. Previous programming and supervisory experience in summer camps is an asset.
Job Requirements (necessary skills, abilities, etc.)
The Director will be responsible for the organization and operation of the camp, The director should encourage all staff to share the gospel and to help campers to grow in their faith. The director is responsible for budget management, the safety and supervision of all personnel and facilities of the camp. We are ideally looking for someone who is prepared to commit to multiple summers with the FBBC family.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Interviewing and hiring competent and qualified staff, as required, and in accordance with the proposed budget.
- Supervising and developing staff, making sure camp policies are understood and enforced
- Initiating and chairing staff meetings
- Ensuring open lines of communication with program staff and operations/support staff
- Overseeing all aspects of the program to ensure that it is being delivered with the highest quality of service
- Reporting to the board of directors
For all additional information please contact the camp board chairman:
Office: 1(204) 362 – 7015