Hope Mission Summer Camps - Summer Kitchen Helper
Type of Employment
Summer Kitchen Helper
Reports to: Head Cook
Hours of work: 40 hours/week, Monday-Friday, some weekends and split shifts may be required.
Position Duration: June 23-August 27, 2021
Hope Mission is a non-denominational Christian inner-city rescue mission based in Edmonton, Alberta. Hope Mission also has branches in Calgary, Red Deer, Wetaskiwin, and 2 summer camps (Brightwood Ranch & Camp Hope).
Brightwood Ranch exists to serve, strengthen, and uplift children and youth in Edmonton and area through providing a fun and Christ-centered summer camp experience.
Hope Mission has a vision that men, women, youth, and children who we serve would come to know Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.
This vision can only be fulfilled only if all staff is diligent in serving, strengthening and uplifting people in the name of Jesus Christ.
In light of covid-19, Brightwood Ranch will be running Day Camps this summer (2021). Children and youth who access Hope Mission’s Tegler Youth Centre in NorthEast Edmonton will be invited to attend summer day camps at Brightwood. The Kitchen Helper will be responsible for working alongside the Head Cook to provide meals for a small staff team who will live on site from July-August as well as providing meals for Day Camp participants. As a Kitchen Helper you will prepare food, serve snacks and meals, and clean the kitchen area. Cleaning and covid-19 sanitization will be a part of daily responsibilities. All team members will be responsible for following covid-19 protocols and provincial guidelines.
Main Duties and responsibilities:
- Work alongside the kitchen team with a spirit of humility, humour, and cooperation
- Daily food preparation and serving of snacks and meals to staff and day campers
- Daily cleaning and sanitizing of the kitchen and dishes
- Responsible for documentation of critical incidents and OH&S issues
- Follow all covid-19 protocols
- Other related tasks and duties as required
Job Requirements (necessary skills, abilities, etc.)
- Teamwork: Willingness to serve alongside the kitchen team and Brightwood Ranch Day Camp team
- Passion for & Commitment to working in a kitchen and for ministering to children who face a variety of obstacles and challenges in their lives
- Multi-Tasking: Able to juggle competing needs and prioritize completion of tasks and projects
- Crisis Response: Able to use conflict resolution & de-escalation techniques to manage crisis & conflict situations
- Flexibility: Ready and willing to adapt and serve as needed, given the ever changing covid-19 guidelines and the realities of summer camp ministry.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Experience working in a kitchen and on a team (Food Safety Certificate)
- Experience working with children and youth
- Excellent communicator
- Conflict resolution and verbal de-escalation skills
- Physically able to lift up to 50 lbs, run and play active sports and games with campers
- Class 5 Driver’s License
- Standard First Aid certification is an asset
- Being a Christian Organization we require our employees to be in agreement and sign the Hope Mission Statement of Faith (http://hopemission.com/about-
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada on a full-time basis.
- Able to provide Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Search and a Child Intervention Record Check
- Provide 3 references (pastor, employer/teacher, mentor)
- Adherence to Hope Mission’s Policies and Procedures
- Submit a team member application online at the link: https://hopemission.wufoo.com/
- Please note that the application will ask you to upload your resume & cover letter indicating why you want to work for a Christian ministry (in 1 document) and to provide 3 references.
- Questions? Email Antonia.email@example.com
Office: (780) 238-5176