Mill Creek Camp
Type of Employment
Executive Camp Director
Mill Creek Baptist Camp is a Christ-centered organization dedicated to providing a safe and positive camping environment for individuals of all ages to encounter and engage with God’s presence in their lives. Our Vision is: Welcomed to Belong. Invited to Believe. Challenged to Become.
Mill Creek Camp is located in Pincher Creek, Alberta and offers camps to children ages 7-18, one Family camp week and one camp week for individuals with special needs.
Responsible to: The Board of Directors of Mill Creek Camp and its Shareholders
Job Requirements (necessary skills, abilities, etc.)
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with the Camp Board to cast and execute overall vision of the camp ministry
• Responsible for hiring, training and leading the full-time and part-time summer staff team of high school and post-secondary students, as well as overseeing volunteers
• Oversee sales, fundraising and marketing strategies
• Planning of and appropriate administration and accountability to the budget
• Oversee camp operations and the physical needs of the camp
• Build long term relationships with camper families, supporting donors and churches
• Keep healthy and growing your Christian faith journey
• To be the Spiritual Leader of the camp
• Ability to provide spiritual direction, including understanding and promoting Christian theology in alignment with the Canadian Baptists of Western Canada
• Attending church regularly and agreeing to have a spiritual mentor
• Live on site during the four months of the summer season
• Financial discipline
• Proficient in public speaking and communication
• Result oriented and self-motivated
• Team leader
• Skilled in conflict resolution
• Ability to work with people of all ages and backgrounds
• Proficient in information communication technologies
• Business administration training or experience
• Valid Class 5 driver’s license
More information about our Camp can be found at www.millcreekcamp.org.
Applications for this position will be accepted until January 15, 2020 or until filled.
Please email resume to Mill Creek Board Chair: Jordan Braun – firstname.lastname@example.org
Office: (403) 380-2266
Pincher Creek, Alberta