Valleyview Alliance Church
Type of Employment
Valleyview Alliance Church is looking for a pastor who will enjoy a Solo Pastor role and be comfortable in a rural community. We are looking for a pastor to lead us to accomplish our purpose.
To raise up disciples in the truth who are equipped to go out and share the gospel with others to the glory of God.
- Discipling – mentoring and training people in their Christian walk and service
- Leadership – motivating and leading people to accomplish the purpose of the church
Reports to: The Board of Elders, and the District Coach
Core Responsibility # 1 – PREACHING (50%)
- Preach Regularly
- Responsible to find speakers when needed
Core Responsibility # 2 – DISCIPLING (20%)
- Equipping and training people in their Christian walk and in where and how they can serve
- Mentoring and preparing new leaders
Core Responsibility # 3 – LEADING (15%)
- Leading the Elders Board – Chairperson unless chooses to assign another elder that role
- Motivating the congregation in evangelism and volunteering to serve in the church
Core Responsibility # 4 – PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT (10%)
- The pastor is expected to take time for personal growth and development
- The pastor is given time to attend training opportunities
Core Responsibility # 5 – ADMINISTRATION (5%)
- The pastor will be expected to do the necessary administration necessary to fulfill his role.
The pastor will be expected to be involved in the nearby Sturgeon Lake Bible Camp, as well as the local ministerial.
Valleyview Alliance Church culture is described below:
Professional conduct in all dealings with coworkers, clients and the public.
Value family, friendships, and relationships
Value intercessory prayer and pray often
Are Bible Centered
Value truth and integrity
Value missions and outreach – love to reach out into the community with both the gospel and practical help
Value team work – Love to work together and care for each other
Value a complementarian view
Job Requirements (necessary skills, abilities, etc.)
Key Character Traits
- Must be licensed worker in the C&MA
- Must be willing to sign the C&MA “A Call to Excellence” document.
- A deep commitment to the core values and theology of the Christian and Missionary Alliance
- Family Oriented – and comfortable with the noise of young families in church
- Cheerleader – motivates team members, injects the right inspiration
- Safe – listens patiently, prays for the congregation, supports them
- Comfortable in a rural community and can relate to rural life and rural people
- Sees potential in people
- Prefers to get things done by working together collaboratively
- Can work well with other pastors and churches
Valleyview AB T0H 3N0