Our History

After receiving a letter from Mrs. Monge to come and start a Bible school in the Peace River country, Walter McNaughton set out from Mannville, AB, on bicycle in October 1933.

The school had its beginnings in the Berwyn area on December 6 with 5 students, a cook and Mr. McNaughton as teacher. In September of 1934, the school was moved to Grande Prairie with 18 students ready to begin studying God's word. Mr. and Mrs. Archie Ruark and Mrs. Mary McIntyre joined the work to help teach and cook.

By the fall of 1935, the school moved to its current location in Sexsmith, thanks to the donation of land by Mr. Lee Warren. Mr. McNaughton worked right alongside students and staff to help build the new campus.

51-52 Student and Staff