Our Statement of Faith
At PRBI we hold to the following beliefs:
- We believe in the verbal inspiration of the Old and New Testament Scriptures, inerrant in the original writings, and that they are the supreme authority in faith, doctrine, and life.
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, was begotten by the Holy Spirit, was born of the virgin Mary, and is true God and true man.
- We believe in the personality of Satan and his host of fallen angels as the enemies of God, the saints, and the holy angels.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God; that he sinned willfully, thereby incurring physical and spiritual death; and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature needing a divine rebirth.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for the sins of the whole world, according to the Scriptures, as mankind's substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him and receive Him are justified by His shed blood.
- We believe that all who are justified comprise the body of Christ universal, whose commission is to teach the gospel and disciple the nations.
- We believe that the fullness of the Holy Spirit is received through obedience and faith alone and that sanctification is both instantaneous at the point of the new birth, as well as progressive, producing daily growth in grace toward spiritual maturity
- We believe in the physical resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, His ascension into heaven, and His intercession in heaven for believers as their High Priest and Advocate.
- We believe in that blessed hope, the personal, bodily, visible, and imminent return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
- We believe that at death, the justified are present in conscious existence with Christ, awaiting bodily resurrection and everlasting blessedness, and that the unregenerate at death are in conscious existence, awaiting bodily resurrection and everlasting torment.